The number of pets traveling on our flights is limited and transport of pets is therefore subject to prior Air Serbia approval and the approval of other airlines, provided they are indicated on your ticket.
We will need advance notice at the time of booking about the type of pet you will be traveling with, the combined weight of pet and container, and the dimensions of the pet container. You will also be required to have a confirmed seat reservation and check-in at least two hours before the flight to allow for formalities.
Unaccompanied children are not permitted to travel with pets. Transport of pets is not allowed if they are less than 12 weeks old and do not have regular documentation, including the necessary vaccines according to the destination from/to which they are traveling.
Pets allowed on board include:
Conditions for non-commercial transport of pets
- Before traveling, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia to obtain information about current regulations on bringing pets into Serbia.
- If you are traveling from Serbia to other countries, the additional information about the rules on bringing pets to the country you are traveling to is available at the consulates of those countries.
- More information on health requirements applicable to pets and on rules for bringing pets into EU countries is available here.
Rules for traveling with your pet
- You are in possession of an entry permit and other documents required by the country of entry and documents required by the countries of departure, entry, or transit,
- The pet is accompanied by valid health and rabies certificates required at transit, transfer, destination, and journey interruption points,
- A pet may not be less than 12 weeks old,
- Your pet is not dangerous, aggressive or hasan offensive odor,
- Maximum two animals, belonging to the same litter, may be placed in the same container.
Rules for pet containers
- The weight of pet + container may not exceed 8 kg.
- One container is allowed per passenger.
- The container must have a ventilation net.
- The container must be adequately secured against opening and fully protected and secured against leakage and littering.
- Head and other parts of the pet must be entirely sheltered by the container throughout the trip.
- Your pet must have sufficient comfort in the container and be able to stand up, lie down, and turn around in the container
- The pet container is subject to Air Serbia inspection and approval prior to check-in. It will be placed under the seat in front of you during the flight and its dimensions may not exceed 40 cm (length) x 30 cm (width) x 24 cm (height).
Prices for this service may vary depending on the destination you are travelling to with your pet, as provided in the table below:
|Your flight||Only for Air Serbia flights|
|Within Serbia and between Serbia and Montenegro/ Bosnia and Herzegovina/ Republic of North Macedonia/ Croatia/ Slovenia||25 EUR|
|Within Europe with the exception of the above countries||45 EUR|
|Between Europe and the Middle East/ Africa||65 EUR|
|Between Europe/ Middle East and USA||85 EUR|
The service is not refundable or transferable to another person. The service will be refunded only in the event that Air Serbia cancels the flight and/or is not able to provide the service. Refunds are made in accordance with the original method of payment.
We will not be held responsible for denied entry or transit to animals to/through any country that are not accompanied by the above required documents and health certificates. You are fully responsible for injury, illness, or death of your pet, unless due to negligence or error on the part of us.
If your journey involves combined transport on Air Serbia flights and the flights of one or more other airlines or if you are traveling on a code share Air Serbia flight operated by another airline, the pet transport rules of such other airline may apply.
Partner airlines and their conditions of carriage →