Dogs and cats older than 12 weeks are welcome on our flights.
Your pet will not need a plane ticket like you, but you must give us notice if you plan to travel with them. If you book your ticket online, you can announce your pet and submit a request by calling the Contact Centre or in one of our branches or authorized travel agencies. If you buy a ticket through the Contact Centre or at a branch office, you can submit a request for pet transport while you are buying the ticket.
When booking the service, you will inform us about the type of animal (dog or cat), the weight of the pet together with the carrier (maximum 8 kg), and the dimensions of the carrier (maximum sum of dimensions 94 cm).
The number of pets is limited on our flights and their transport must therefore be confirmed before the start of the trip by Air Serbia, and by other airlines if they are indicated on your ticket.
When traveling with a pet, your seat on the flight must be confirmed. Unaccompanied children may not travel with a pet.
Conditions for the travel with pets
If you are traveling to Serbia, please consult the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia before your trip about the current regulations on bringing pets into Serbia
If you are traveling abroad from Serbia, please check the rules for bringing pets into your destination country with the consular representation of that country.
Rules for entering EU countries with pets
If you are traveling to China, pets will undergo regular document checks and visual health assessments upon disembarkation. If the documentation is not complete or does not meet the defined requirements, and you disembark at Beijing/Shanghai/Urumqi – customs will take charge of your pet and keep it in isolation for 30 days. At any other disembarkation point, including Tianjin, if the documentation is incomplete or does not meet the defined requirements, pets will be returned or put down within the time limit.
Customs quarantine certificate requirement for pets on sector BEG-TSN
If you are traveling from China, in addition to the other obligatory documentation, you must also have a health certificate for your pet (Animal health certificate (动物卫生证书)), issued by Tianjin Hexi Customs(天津河西海关), address: No.6 of Pudaokou, Hexi District, Tianjin City (天津市河西区浦口道6号), contact phone for calls from China: 022-84203627 or 12360, working hours Monday-Friday 08:30-12:00 and 14:00-17:00.
Rules for pets
- You must have a permit for the pet to enter your destination country and other documents required by the countries of exit, entry and transit;
- You must have a certificate of vaccination against rabies and all valid health certificates that are necessary at the points of transit, transfer, destination or interruption of the journey;
- The pet must not be dangerous, aggressive or have an unpleasant smell;
- A maximum of two animals belonging to the same litter may be accommodated in the same carrier1.
- Carrier and animal together may not weigh more than 8 kg;
- The carrier will be placed under the seat in front of you, so its maximum dimensions may be 94 cm, e.g. 40 (length) x 30 (width) x 24 (height) cm;
- One carrier is allowed per passenger;
- The carrier must have a net cover for ventilation;
- The carrier must be suitably secured against opening and completely protected against potential leakage of liquids and waste;
- The head or other parts of the animal's body may not protrude from the carrier during any phase of the journey;
- Provide your pet with comfort – make sure the animal can stand up, lie down and turn around in the carrier.
The service 2 is charged for each direction: if the service is necessary for both departure and return, each direction will be charged separately.
|Your flight||Only for Air Serbia flights|
|Within Serbia and between Serbia and Montenegro/ Bosnia and Herzegovina/ Republic of North Macedonia/ Croatia/ Slovenia||25 EUR|
|Between Serbia and Russia||70 EUR|
|Between Serbia and Europe (except the previously mentioned countries)||45 EUR|
|Between Serbia and the Middle East/Africa||65 EUR|
|Between Serbia and the USA||85 EUR|
|Between Serbia and China1||100 EUR|
1On flights to/from China, one carrier with one pet per adult passenger is allowed.
2The service is not refundable, nor transferable to another person. The service will be refunded only in the event that Air Serbia has canceled the flight and/or is unable to provide the service. Refunds are made in accordance with the original method of payment.
Passengers with pets may only check in at the airport. Please be at the airport at least two hours before departure so that we can complete all the formalities in time.
Tips for carefree travel with a pet
We will not be held responsible for denied entry or transit to animals to/through any country that are not accompanied by the above required documents and health certificates. You are fully responsible for injury, illness, or death of your pet, unless due to negligence or error on the part of us.
If your journey involves combined transport on Air Serbia flights and the flights of one or more other airlines or if you are traveling on a code share Air Serbia flight operated by another airline, the pet transport rules of such other airline may apply.
Partner airlines and their conditions of carriage →