If you notice that your baggage has been damaged, please report this immediately upon arrival, before leaving the airport.
Report damaged or missing items
If you notice when collecting your checked baggage that it is damaged or that some items are missing, please report it immediately after landing to the local airport baggage service / Lost and found baggage, in order to make a "Damage Property Report" (DPR ). You will then receive a copy of this Report with the appropriate reference number. You need to keep the stated report to be able to track your claim, but also, based on it, to file a damage claim.
If you notice that your checked baggage is damaged or that some items are missing only after leaving the airport, you must report this to the local airport baggage services / Lost and found baggage at the place of arrival, in order to make a "Damage Property Report" (DPR).
Also, you need to submit a Damage Claim to Air Serbia.
Please note that the "Damage Property Report" (DPR) should be made before submitting the Damage Claim to Air Serbia.
The damage claim must be submitted no later than 7 days from the date of the collection of the baggage. Damage claims received after this deadline will not be considered.
If, only after leaving the airport, you noticed that your baggage has been damaged or that some items are missing, please note that you are obliged to prove that the damage to your baggage was incurred while it was under the control of Air Serbia.
Submitting a claim
Notes on Limited liability
Air Serbia does not accept liability for damage to baggage that has been caused by normal wear and tear which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Minor cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents, dirt and stains,
- Damage to inappropriately packed items, including fragile items,
- Damage due to over packed baggage,
- Loss of external locks, pull straps, security straps or zipper tabs,
- Items confiscated by airport or security authorities.
Air Serbia shall neither bear any liability for damage indicated at check-in through the Limited Release process, or for:
- Fragile, valuable or perishable articles,
- Baggage which is packed in damaged or unsuitable containers,
- Loss of jewellery, other valuables and money contained in checked baggage,
- Damage to hand baggage, unless such damage has been caused by Air Serbia's negligence.
In many cases your personal travel insurance company can assist you with further support in the case of damaged baggage or missing items. Most insurance policies cover loss on the basis of the value of the belongings while, in the aviation industry, only a limited compensation per person is customary. If you have purchased travel insurance, please contact your insurer directly to learn more.