A trained guide dog for persons with visual and/or hearing impairment will travel free of charge.
The number of dogs traveling on our flights is limited and their transport is therefore subject to prior Air Serbia approval and the approval of other airlines (besides Air Serbia) indicated on your ticket (if any).
We will need advance notice at the time of booking that you will be traveling with a guide dog and the breed and weight of your dog. You will be required to have a confirmed seat reservation.
At check-in you will be asked to present a valid certificate issued by the competent institution that your dog has passed the required training for guiding persons with visual and/or hearing impairments.
Please arrive at the passenger check-in desk at least two hours before the flight to allow for formalities.
Rules for guide dogs
- Your dog must wear a muzzle. During flight, your dog will lie next to your feet and is not required to be in a container. It may not occupy a seat.
- Your dog may not be dangerous, aggressive or have an offensive smell.
- You must be in possession of an entry document and other documents for your dog required by the country of departure, entry, or transit.
- Your dog must be accompanied by valid health and rabies vaccination certificates required at transit, transfer, destination, and journey interruption points.
The governments of some countries impose strict rules and limitations on import/export or transit of animals traveling in the passenger cabin. The transport of guide dogs in the passenger cabin is permitted on all Air Serbia flights except those listed below:
- to/from Great Britain,
- to/from the United Arab Emirates the transport of hearing dogs is prohibited, while the transport of guide dogs for visually impaired passengers is permitted,
- to/from all states imposing strict rules and limitations.
Air Serbia will not be responsible for denied entry or transit to animals to/through any country that are not accompanied by the above required documents and health certificates. You are fully responsible for injury, illness, or death of your animal, unless due to negligence or error on the part of Air Serbia.