If you have passed the first selection round and are invited for an interview, the next step is to prepare for meeting your potential employer.
Being nervous before the interview is alright, because everyone wants to present themselves at their best and leave a good impression.
However, the better you prepare the more self-confident you will be. Here are a few tips regarding your job interview:
Learn about your potential employer
- To leave a good impression, you should first learn about your employer on the Internet, from friends, business contacts etc.
- Another reason for this is so you can be sure that this is the right company for you.
- Learn about the most frequent questions and prepare answers to these. Prepare your own relevant questions for the employer.
- A very important part of the job interview. A full 70% of the impression you leave in direct contact is non-verbal communication.
- It is not advisable to do anything that would give away your nervousness (play with your hair or tie, jiggle your feet etc.).
- Try to keep eye contact, listen carefully, nod and do not interrupt.
- Every company has its own dress code.
- Before you come for a job interview, learn about the rules and codes of that company.
- Do not wear jeans, trainers or otherwise inappropriate clothes (messy, torn, too short or provocative).
Speak calmly and rationally
- Always take some time to think before answering a question and make sure your answers are clear, specific and have confidence of what you are saying.
Available job posts: apply here ›