The first contact achieved with a potential employer starts by sending a CV.
The competition is huge and the purpose of a well-written CV is to distinguish you from other candidates. If your CV is adjusted to the requirements and needs of the position you are applying for, it will mean a better chance for you to be invited for a job interview.
The purpose of the CV is to present you at your best. There are many ways to compose a CV, but always make sure that it is concise, informative, well-structured and clear.
- Alongside the text, it is desirable to include a decent business photograph in your CV.
- Name and surname, e-mail address and contact telephone number.
- This is the central and most important part of your CV. List the companies you worked for, period of employment, your assignments and duties, key results, etc.
- You should not write redundantly, regardless of your rich work experience. Make sure you described only the most important details and experiences relevant for the position you are applying for.
- First list the highest education level completed, with the name of the institution, course, time periods, degrees, scholarships, average grade (if it is over 8.00), exceptional results and prizes.
Courses and seminars
- If you do not have working experience, apart from the education section this part of your CV should hold a central place.
- In this way you present yourself as a person who is ready to take initiatives and constantly develop.
- Computer competence is mandatory for most positions.
- In most cases it is sufficient to have competence of the MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the internet, unless you are applying for a position that requires specific skills and knowledge.
- List all languages you speak and the level of knowledge. If you have completed a language course, state the institution, certificate or diploma and the level of knowledge acquired.
- This part of your resume is reserved for your specific interests and hobbies that speak about the qualities that will distinguish you from others.
Available job posts: apply here ›