The number of pets traveling on our flights is limited and transport of pets is therefore subject to prior Air Serbia approval and the approval of other airlines, provided they are indicated on your ticket.
We will need advance notice at the time of booking about the type of pet you will be traveling with, the combined weight of pet and container, and the dimensions of the pet container. You will also be required to have a confirmed seat reservation and check-in at least two hours before the flight to allow for formalities.
Pets allowed on board include:
Rules for traveling with your pet
- You are in possession of an entry permit and other documents required by the country of entry and documents required by the countries of departure, entry, or transit,
- The pet is accompanied by valid health and rabies certificates required at transit, transfer, destination, and journey interruption points,
- Your pet is not dangerous, aggressive or hasan offensive odor,
- Maximum two animals, belonging to the same litter, may be placed in the same container.
Rules for pet containers
- The weight of pet + container may not exceed 8 kg.
- One container is allowed per guest.
- The container must have a ventilation net.
- The container must be adequately secured against opening and fully protected and secured against leakage and littering.
- Head and other parts of the pet must be entirely sheltered by the container throughout the trip.
- Your pet must have sufficient comfort in the container and be able to stand up, lie down, and turn around in the container
- The pet container is subject to Air Serbia inspection and approval prior to check-in. It will be placed under the seat in front of you during the flight and its dimensions may not exceed 40 cm (length) x 30 cm (width) x 24 cm (height).
Prices for this service may vary depending on the destination you are travelling to with your pet, as provided in the table below:
||Only for Air Serbia flights
|Between Serbia and Montenegro/ Bosnia and Herzegovina/ Macedonia/ Croatia/ Slovenia
|Within Europe with the exception of the above countries
|Between Europe and the Middle East/ Africa
|Between Europe/ Middle East and USA
The governments of some countries impose strict rules and limitations on import/export or transit of animals traveling in the passenger cabin. The transport of pets in the passenger cabin is permitted on all Air Serbia flights except those listed below:
to/from Great Britain,
to/from the United Arab Emirates,
to/from all states imposing strict rules and limitations.
The transport of pets in the aircraft baggage hold is not permitted on our flights.
You might also be interested in:
Traveling with guide dogs →
We will not be held responsible for denied entry or transit to animals to/through any country that are not accompanied by the above required documents and health certificates. You are fully responsible for injury, illness, or death of your pet, unless due to negligence or error on the part of us.
If your journey involves combined transport on Air Serbia flights and the flights of one or more other airlines or if you are traveling on a code share Air Serbia flight operated by another airline, the pet transport rules of such other airline may apply.
Partner airlines and their conditions of carriage →